This is new.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

#18 Cosmopolitan

Long time no cupcake. Life, it has been busy.

I made these last night cos I had some cranberry juice laying around, and I know I'm like 6 weeks behind, so I've got to get in gear.

I baked them up, took them out of the oven, and went to eat the smallest / most pitiful looking one. And it stuck like GLUE to the paper. like gluey glue glue. It was bad news. I put them back in the oven for a bit, hoping I had just undercooked them. When they started to smell a touch like burning, I took them out again. GLUE. GLUEY like the Original Pumpkin Cakes!

So, I need a new oven thermometre, cos I left the old one in the old apartment's oven. :/

I left them on the counter, intending to throw them out this morning, but thought I would try one more and see if they maybe improved. And they had! It came out of the wrapper!! And the flavour, it was good.

Because I had planned to toss them, I didn't make the icing I had intended, but I did have the syrup I was planning to use to flavour the icing, so I just brushed some of that overtop of the remaining cakes.


Cupcakes (12)

1 1/3 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. soy milk
2 tbsp. lime juice
1/4 c. oil
1 c. sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c. cranberry juice

Mix wet. Sift dry into wet. Bake 20 minutes (or more if they come out like GLUE) at 350F.

Syrup
1/2 c. cranberry juice
2 tbsp lime juice
1 c. sugar

Boil. Reduce. Drizzle over cupcakes.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I think I'm maybe a retard, because I liked the one that was left on my desk. Sticky, but tasty.

I didn't even find anything wrong with the texture, but once again, I think I simply have an affair with anything that is a cupcake. This one was sweet, but had tasty centers of lime and cranberry goodness, and my tastebuds approve of lime and cranberry goodness.