This is new.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

#20 Chocolate Tahini Cake with Sesame Chocolate Icing




I saw this on HCWT and thought "Sesame Chocolate is on my list. What a great way to do it!"

I think these came out really well. The sesame flavour isn't as intense as I would like it, so I added it to the icing, which helped. I probably added more than I listed below, cos I'm not a big believer in the old measuring, but 'to taste' is fine :)



Cupcakes (18)
HCWT's recipe. Double it for 18 cupcakes.

The texture of the batter is much lighter / fluffier than a normal cupcake would be. It's more muffin/bready (after bread has been allowed to rise) than cakey. The finished product is still cakey, and light, and yummy.



Icing (from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World)
1/4 c. margerine
1/4 c. shortening
1/2 c. cocoa powder
2 1/2 c. icing sugar
3 T. soy creamer
1 T. sesame oil

Mix Margerine / Shortening. Add cocoa powder, icing. Add creamer, oil. Fridge. Pipe.



I've gotten better at piping! Trick is a ziploc bag. Zipper it closed, cut off a tip, pipe. Aww yeah.

Two thumbs up from me!

2 comments:

Shiv said...

Two thumbs up from me, too!

I was really skeptical when I heard about these. Not so much chocolate-sesame - but chocolate-tahini sounded yicky. However, these were really tasty!

ShellyH said...

Wow, I was browsing the foodie blog roll tonight and came across your fantastic blog! This recipe looks delicous! You have alot of yummy recipes on your blog that I will be printing out!