This is new.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

#10 Carrot

Long time no update. Sorry about that. I nearly missed a week of cupcakes, but luckily I wasn't feeling good at home last weekend and made myself some carrot cakes to feel better. Camera was out of order, so alas no photos! But they were alright. It's my mom's recipe from when I was a kid, and always makes me feel better. I will remake these at Shiv's request.

Cupcakes
Makes 12

1 egg
1/4 cups vegetable oil
1 cups white sugar
1 t vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups flour
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 t each ground cinnamon & nutmeg
2 cups grated carrots
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Beat together egg, oil, sugar, vanilla. Add in flour, soda, powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg. Fold in carrots and pecans.

Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes.

I love carrot cake, I really do. My mom used to make this with cream cheese icing, (Cream cheese, butter, icing sugar) but I didn't have any, so I used left over heavy cream (from Alfredo the night before) and just had a light whipped cream topping. (Heavy cream, pinch of sugar, pinch of cinnamon. Beat until peaky)

Reminds me of spring and happy things.

No comments: