This is new.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

#14 - Mango Spice Cake

Finally settled in the new place! My new oven is proper temperature, too, so I don't need to rely on the thermometre so much.

I didn't want to go shopping for ingredients, so I looked around the kitchen to see what I had for these. I figured a spice cake, and looked around for a recipe. The one I found called for apple juice, which I didn't have, so I subbed mango juice. It really takes it from a plain old spice cake to something completely different and fresh tasting. These are my new favourite cupcakes:

Cupcakes (9)
1/4 C butter
1/2 C brown sugar
1/4 t. nutmeg
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. allspice
1/4 t. ginger
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. baking powder
1 egg
5/8 C flour
3/4 C mango juice

Beat butter, sugar. Add egg, add spices/bp. Alternating, add juice & flour, finish with flour. Bake 20 minutes @ 350.

These haven't been tasted by the office yet, so no word on whether others like them, but I really do.

No comments: