This is new.

Monday, May 5, 2008

#15 Flourless Chocolate Chiffon Cake

I had originally planned to make these in time for Passover, but that didn't work out, because I'm lazy. I made them yesterday, and they're really good! Really! Light and fluffy, not too chocolatey.

Recipe comes from the back of the cake meal.

Cupcakes (9)
1/2 C sugar
1/4 C cake meal
1 T matzoh meal
1/8 c cocoa
1/4 t salt
3/4 t baking powder
3 eggs, separated
1/8 c oil
1/4 c water
1/2 t vanilla

Whip egg whites until light and fluffy. Set aside.
Mix together dry ingredients. Make a well in the middle, add eggs, oil, vanilla, water to the well. Mix well.
Fold eggwhites into the chocolate mixture. This part is tricky, I ended up collapsing a lot of the eggwhite cos I was too rough with it.
Bake 20-odd minutes at 350. They will rise a little but not much.

Blood Orange Glaze
1 blood orange
cocoa

Boil together orange juice and cocoa. Brush overtop of cupcakes. Mmm, glaaze.

No comments: